So, I did a thing...

I finally finished school forever and ever! I graduated in May from Kansas State University with my bachelors in Apparel Marketing. I couldn't have been more excited to be forever done with school and to start my next adventure. By the grace of God, I had an amazing internship setup in Leadville, Colorado.
We (as in I) partied, graduated, moved home, had 4 days, then moved to Colorado. 

I'm sitting at the airport on my way to my very best friend's wedding, I am shaking I couldn't be more excited! I've got a layover in Minneapolis so my goal is to crank out my summer posts! Later I'm going to write out the entire story of Leadville and God providing and the song I wrote about it!

So now is a photo dump of Colorado memories with dear friends. 




One of the best parts of living in Colorado is that a lot of my family and friends vacation there in the summer. I got to see my cousin's family and my aunt as well as some dear friends. 




I went to the sand dunes with some new friends and we had a blast. The dog is Suki who was the family I lived with's dog. While at the sand dunes, a storm rolled in, bringing rain and high winds. We huddled under our sleds waiting for it to die down. Our clothes and hair were full of sand. A woman said we looked so funny she just had to get a picture of us. 

I got to pick up some hitch hikers who were headed to the collegiate peaks trail. While in Scotland Lauren and I hitched hiked quite a bit and I always wanted to pass on the love. I finally saw some girls I knew I would feel comfortable picking up. I had just finished an early 14er with Suki and was feeling good. 




My dear friend Isabel who I met in high school happened to live in a neighboring town to Leadville. She welcomed me with open arms and introduced me to new friends like Sarah. We had many laughs, adventures and life chats this summer. Fingers crossed we'll be back together very soon. 




This summer I decided to leave my computer at home, I wanted to push myself to hike instead of watching Netflix. Coming off of a year and a half of online school and remote work, I was so tired of staring at a screen. I didn't regret my decision one bit and did end up hiking and trail running a bit. However, I soon learned Leadville has a different kind of human. My church was filled with Olympic athletes and coworkers who would run 20 miles before work. I definitely couldn't compete but still tried to stay active. 

Leadville is the highest city in the US and the altitude is brutal. I attempted a few CrossFit classes that utterly destroyed me. Leadville is an old mining town once considered for the capital of Colorado. Now it's a drive-through town on the side of a mountain. It's known for its extreme race series in the summer and for Melanzana, the clothing company I worked at. 

One of the crazy races is a half marathon with a mule. While I was at work two huge Youtubers waltzed in, I got a little sweaty, not going to lie, it was embarrassing and my coworkers made fun of me. Anyway, they made this video doing the burro race, it'll give you a little glimpse into the town. 







SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Bellativity · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS