November 08, 2021

Crusty Butt



Sarah is one of those people you meet once and are instant friends then the next weekend asks you to go on an all day road trip and you instantly say, "I'm in". She's got a comforting presence and has the sense of  humor that can carry a bit for hours. Her friend Marlee was in town from Arizona and she wanted to go on an adventure. I drove to Buena Vista Friday morning, grabbed everyone coffee and we were off to Crested Butte, or crusty butt. 

We drove the three hours down Cottonwood Pass towards the remote town. The mountains were dotted with wildflowers and the road meandered around the roaring river. Once we got to the national forest and our car couldn't make it any further, we got out and explored. 

There's something so beautiful about humanity that we can make friends instantly and make new memories. Leaving college and friends I'd had for 4 years I worried about starting over. I worried I wouldn't be able to let loose and be completely comfortable again for at least 2 years. But when you meet people you click with, you realize, you don't need years, you just need something in common. For me, if we have a love of Jesus in common, it sometimes feels like long lost family that I haven't seen in a bit. It's like we have this foundational understanding and can move forward with the excitement of the day. Now obvious disclaimer, I don't feel this way with all Christians. 











So thank you Sarah. Thanks for the memories, the laughter, the picnics, the instant welcoming hugs, the spiked Kombucha that sucked, the hikes, car rides, and late night McDonalds. See you soon!







SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Bellativity · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS